Invisalign Dubai : Best Invisible Braces Dubai Reviews, Cost & Prices. How does Invisalign work? Learn about how Invisalign’s clear aligners are an alternative to metal braces and can help you achieve the smile you deserve.
Invisalign has taken dentistry by storm. But how does this revolutionary process work–how do seemingly invisible braces get placed on teeth and how are they just as effective as the metallic braces that teenagers and, increasingly, adults have been forced to live with for decades? Here is a tutorial on Invisalign methodology:
– In at least one way, Invisalign methods are no different than the methods by which one decides to get braces. After a doctor determines a patient needs braces, the patient who prefers to have Invisalign, instead can visit a dentist who performs the procedure and go through all the typical pre-braces examinations and routines, including images and the planning of the procedure.
– However, here’s where the methods of Invisalign begin to differ from those of traditional braces. The images for Invisalign procedures are in 3-D, which will obviously give the patient a far more striking look at what he or she is about to undergo. In planning the procedure, a doctor can also show a patient how his or her teeth will move during Invisalign and where exactly they will move to.
– Just like regular braces, Invisalign trays (also known as aligners) will shift teeth into place in a thorough yet tender manner. The eventual destination is the same, but Invisalign methods get the patient there in far more modern and less invasive fashion.
– The name is not a misnomer: Invisalign braces are made of almost invisible plastic that align your teeth and fix any malocclusions that can lead to bigger problems down the road. But they come without the attached metal brackets and tightened wires that are a staple of braces. In addition, Invisalign methods are far more involved, yet more convenient for wearers, than traditional braces. Patients wear each set of aligners for only about two weeks, as opposed to permanently wearing metal braces for the entire two to three year process. Patients are also allowed to eat anything they want with aligners, instead of finding their diets limited by traditional braces. This freedom is perhaps the biggest benefit presented by Invisalign methods.
– In addition to changing aligners every two weeks or so, patients will also meet with the doctor for a checkup every six weeks. The doctor will take pictures of the patient’s mouth at each checkup to ensure he or she is progressing as planned and that the methods of Invisalign are working to the desired end.
– While there are no guarantees regarding how much time it will take for Invisalign methods to achieve their desired result-a straight set of teeth!-teens who wear Invisalign braces will typically do so the same amount of time as teens who wear traditional braces. However, adults usually need only a year or so of wearing Invisalign to correct their pre-existing issues.
– While those who have Invisalign can take off their braces-unlike those with metal braces-the methods of Invisalign are maximized by wearing the aligners as long as possible each day. It is recommended patients keep the aligners in their mouths for up to 22 hours each day.